Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gargi college Alumni meet

Trudging back the old paths of my alma mater, my college and my life – Gargi was one heck of an experience. It was the day of 7th Feb 2010 that would stay in my memory for a long time. Crossing the same roads again, going through the same lanes and corridors made my day. When I first walked in, it was a sense of total nostalgia. I so wanted to go to the rooms where we laughed n cried, played n talked, danced n sang. Of all my student life, I don’t think there’s a place that I’d miss more than those two years at Gargi. I would not say all three for obvious reasons. Anyways, we went to the college canteen, Nescafe, the ground, the stairs, the washrooms… it was so much fun. All the memories of the past days flashed right in front of my eyes and it was such a sight. The juice wale bhaiya who’d make special chocolate shakes with some ‘extra’ chocolate for us, the canteen samosas and chai that were our breakfast on the cold winter mornings, everything was just so special. We sat on the stairs in the ground and on the ground and had our lunch there and reminisced about all the moments that we spent there. I cherish those moments everyday for that was the place I found my best friends, my goal in life, and myself. I came to know who I was and what I wanted to be in life. Gargi taught me a lot about life and its moments. It taught me that there were ups and downs in life and they should both be handled with care and respect for oneself. It taught me that life gave you joys and sorrows and both should be cherished throughout the rest of your lives. Gargi made me what I am as I was nowhere close to what I am now before I came to Gargi. I’ll forever miss my days at Gargi.

No comments: