Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Parting Gift!

I've always wanted to move out. This doesnt mean I dont like my home or something, its just that I've always wanted to be on my own. Wanted to be free, make my decisions, live life my way, do things my way.

To add to that, I've wanted to get a Parting Gift.A gift that'd remind me of all the important people in my life who have been there with me through thick n thin, happiness n sorrow, love n loss. I'd want it to be a special gift, something which shows my importance in their lives and theirs in mine. A parting gift is never just a present, its a moment in a which a lifetime of memories are sealed.

I remember the time we gave a parting gift to one of our friends, that may have been a very special moment in her life as it was in ours. I want my parting gift moment to be the most special moment in my life yet. But life has its own take on what we want..

I'm not going anywhere. My dreams would not be fulfilled, my life would remain the same. There wont be any parting gift since I'm not parting. I'll be there where I have always been. Not that I do not like it here, but the excitement of going somewhere is always great. I wanted to experience that. To go out n spread my wings was what I wanted.

Let's hope I get to do that sometime...

And the hope against hope continues with yet another hopeless hope..

1 comment:

Amit Raizada said...

There seems to be a deep buried wish to accomplish something, something which has an intense nexus with the author........may be something on the personal, professional or emotional front.The severity or context is hard to ascertain but the ways of expression are fabulous.

Magnum Opus!!

For the hopeless hope, always remember : "Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"----The Shawshank Redemption.